Your child will have access to:
A balanced Curriculum which encompasses the essential learning areas of the New Zealand National Curriculum Framework
- English – reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Physical Education
- Health Education
- Art and Craft
- Social Studies
- Te Reo me nga Tikanga Māori
- Computer Studies including Robotics
Small class sizes.
A wide range of outdoor educational pursuits:
- Annual School Camps for Yr 3, Yr 4, Yr 5, Yr 6, Yr 7 and Yr 8 children
- Bushcraft experiences
- Aquatic activity including swim coach training, flipperball, kayaking and mini dippers/snorkelling
- Abseiling and camping
- Environmentally based studies
A wide and varied range of extra curricular and extension activities and programmes are also provided for i the school timetable, e.g. the School Musical production.
Children also have access to curriculum electives such as:
- Maths Club
- Instrumental Music
- Science and Horticultural Club
- Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori
- Extension sports programmes
- Music: instrumental and choir
Extra reading and mathematics support tutoring as needed.
Extensive extra curricular support and development in sports coaching and team building activity.
An aquatic programme which includes daily swimming lessons with professional swim coaches, water safety and confidence, minidippers, flipperball and kayaking (Waimarino Centre).
The school operates a Library:Infotech Centre. The centre houses Macbooks and robotic equipment. Junior classes have a set of iPads. The Senior classes have Chromebooks. The computer system is networked and has a highly secure cyber safety filter.
Well cared for amenities, grounds and play areas.
Religious Education programmes.
Parents will have access to:
A school staffed with a highly skilled and experienced team of people, both in the professional
teaching area and the paraprofessional support area who:
- Are committed to making a difference to children’s lives.
- Value diversity.
- Foster learning in a safe, supportive and open environment.
- Encourage and challenge children to give things a go.
- Operate in a co-operative and shared decision making framework
The benefit of a highly competent and resourceful Administration team:
- Person to person telephone contact
- Up to date information
- Prompt query/problem response and follow-up
- Sympathetic and caring management of upset and/or sick children
- Efficient communication procedures
Informed quality reporting on children’s progress in learning and achievement.
A great team of supportive parents, who work closely with the school.
Choosing a primary school is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. We want to help you make a well informed choice. We extend an invitation to you to call and visit our school.