Values as expressed by families:
- is family focused
- is culturally diverse
- builds up children’s confidence and self esteem
- is welcoming and inclusive
- cares about our children and how well they can achieve
- where our children are accepted for who they are
- is somewhere I feel safe and comfortable to send my child
- is a caring nurturing culture
What children tell us they value:
- Teachers take time to talk to you
- We make goals and come to school and try to beat our old goal
- They listen to you; even if they are busy they stop and listen to you.
- Teachers have a fun personality and positive attitude towards school.
- They’re nice and put a smile on your face.
- Make you feel good about yourself.
- The teacher lets us choose topics.
- They teach us fun things and when our parents ask us what was fun we say everything!
- Everyone helps each other learn and work
- Teachers make jokes and have a laugh with you.
- I know I’m going to learn something new everyday.
- They listen to your ideas and if you’ve got a problem they help you out.
- Teachers care about you and what you think
- Listens to us and our views